An outstanding jazz department is a long-standing tradition at Dr. Hoch’s Konservatorium. Indeed, it was in 1928 that the then-director announced a jazz class – against strong resistance from members of staff and politicians. With Hitler’s seizure of power, however, the jazz area at the conservatoire came to a sudden end and it was not until the seventies that students once again had the chance to study jazz. The first big band was founded in 1978 and, since then, jazz has developed into the conservatoire’s most important discipline with a staff of renowned teachers including Echo winner Anke Helfrich. Musikmesse Festival congratulates Dr. Hoch’s on this ninetieth anniversary and is Cooperation Partner for outstanding events.
Organiser / Location: